Are You Using Youtube Shorts? If Not, Here’s How!
If you've been creating content for TikTok or Instagram reels, then you know how powerful short-form content can be. It can go viral within an instant and dramatically transform your content marketing game.
Virality aside, short-form content is also perfect for gaining the attention of your followers. It's shareable and entertaining, and you should be ready to adopt this new form factor to reach your audience.
YouTube Shorts are the newest video format for social media content creators. Like many other social media platforms, they've adopted the popular video style and are even incentivizing creators to use them by paying them for their most popular videos.
If you're looking to level up your content creation in 2023, you should be using YouTube Shorts. He's everything you need to know about how to get started and how to maximize your timeline shorts this year.
What Are Youtube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts are YouTubes version of short-form video content. it allows creators to share content directly from their phones within seconds.
Why Use Youtube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts is still relatively new and has a lot of potential for growth because of this. You could be among the wave of some of the earliest creators to adopt this platform, and they already offer monetization opportunities. Other reasons to use YouTube Shorts include:
- Reach new audience
- Diversify your platforms
- Convert viewers into subscribers
- Leverage the organic reach of a new platform
- Attract new subscribers
- Get paid to create with Youtube shorts creator fund
How To Use Youtube Shorts?
YouTube shorts are available through the app that you can download on your phone, or you can access them via computer and then publish them once you upload them. Here's what you need to do to begin recording and get your content live.
- Sign in to the Youtube App and click the plus sign to create a new short.
- The default length is 15 seconds, but you can change it to up to 60 seconds long. You can add more time in 15-second increments.
- Press the capture button to begin recording once you've decided on your video length. Tap it again to stop.
- Click done once you have the video you want. You can then add filters, text, or music along with editing the footage to your liking.
- You’ll also have the option to edit who can view the video before uploading.
YouTube has recently introduced a Creator fund that will reward creators depending on the performance of their videos. You need to be at least 13 years old, reside in an eligible country, and have published a video within the last 180 days. All videos should follow YouTube guidelines, and YouTubers reach out to creators who qualify for this bonus. All you have to do is get the posting!
Tips for Using Youtube Shorts
Here are some additional tips to get the best-used set of YouTube shorts.
- Always film in vertical orientation: You may see some creators repurpose YouTube video content for YouTube shorts, but if done incorrectly, it can take away from the audience experience. Always film in vertical form when using YouTube shorts.
- Use Youtube stories to promote shorts: YouTube has also introduced the stories function, where creators can share bite-size content. You can promote your shorts in your stories to direct traffic toward them.
- Repurpose content: Don't shy away from repurposing TikTok content for YouTube shorts. They use a similar aspect ratio and are both intended to be easily consumable by your audience. Just remember to remove any watermarks if you do.
- No long-form content: YouTube has plenty of spots for long-form content in shorts are not one of them. Keep your videos to 60 seconds or less.
Inspire on ALL Platforms with LITTIL
Whether you use TikTok, Reels, Youtube Shorts, or a mix of all three, you can't go wrong with improving the overall quality of your lighting setup. With LITTIL, you can brighten any environment to your liking and elevate your content above the rest. Try out our LITTIL Superstar and let your light shine today!