How To Draft A Week of Content In A Day
Are you looking for ways to simplify your content creation process? Do you want to batch-create high-quality content and be consistent in your posting schedule?
If that sounds like you, then this article is for you. We're going to cover how to create a week of content within a day, so you can create more effectively and consistently.
1. Outline Your Weekly Output
Begin this process by having a clear idea of how much content you want or need to put out for your brand within a week.
Your content can be repurposed for multiple platforms, and you need to assess the number of total pieces you want to post on each one.
Doing this process upfront will keep you from creating inconsistent amounts of content during your batch process.
2. Use Content Pillars
The most important thing when creating batch content is to never start from scratch.
Instead, you should identify five core topics to talk about when you create. These will be your constant pillars and will act as the main or largest pieces of content for your platform.
For example, if you're creating on YouTube and TikTok, your pillar content would be a YouTube video. Then you can break that video down into several Tik-Tok videos.
Pillars give you a set of ideas you can always go back to that directly reflect the value of your brand. They’ll also help you to maintain better consistency when it comes to the type of content you put out.
3. Plan Out Your Content
Each pillar topic should be broad enough to map out 30 pieces of content at any given time.
Depending on your ideal weekly output, you may need more or less than 30 pieces of content within a week. The main goal here is to have a clear idea of:
- The exact amount of content you're going to create
- How it relates to each of your content pillars
- What form factor it will take
4. Map Out How You’ll Create Each Piece
There's nothing worse than setting aside time to create content and not getting anything done.
You may experience writer's block, creator's block, or become overwhelmed with the amount of content you’re trying to create.
To avoid this, take the time to map out how you will create each piece of content. You can include:
- The order you’ll create in
- The amount of time you think it will take
- A checklist for each step of creating each piece of content
5. Batch Create
Now you're ready to start creating. Use time blocking to stay on track with your schedule.
6. Automate Posting
Once all your content has been created and edited, consider using a scheduling app to post the content at the same time every day.
Most platforms like TikTok and Instagram have peak posting times that correlate to when most of your followers are online. Use apps like Hootsuite or Later to schedule content, preview your feed, and automate posting for the rest of your week.
- Have an idea board: Your pillar content can help you identify the themes of your brand, but don't shy away from collecting cool ideas and videos you want to try out later. Consider making an idea board to keep track of all the inspirations you have, so that when it comes time to batch, you have something to pull from.
- Create high-quality pillar pieces: Create longer pieces of content that coincide with each of your pillars, and then break them down into smaller pieces of content for your platforms.
- Repurpose content: Repurpose well-performing content. If you have a TikTok video that's doing well, consider uploading it to YouTube shorts, or Insta reels.
- Ask your audience for ideas: Getting feedback from your audience is one of the best ways to create content that resonates with them. If you're feeling dry on ideas, ask your audience what they want to see and add those to your idea board for later.
- Consider outsourcing: Tasks like editing, post-scheduling, and responding to comments and DMs on Instagram can add a significant amount of time to your content creation. If you have the ability or budget to outsource these, it may be a good idea if you want to have a more streamlined process. This way, you can focus on creating quality glowing content.
Create With LITTIL
So there you have it, batch-creating a week's worth of content on easy mode. Don't forget to take to social media with your favorite LITTIL products this week.